Avant-garde Materials Simulation is rapidly deploying new technology to many of the leading pharmaceutical companies. We put the principles of sustainable development into practice within a multicultural and open-minded Team. AMS is growing and will recruit new Team along 2019-2020. In that perspective, we urgently need more administrative and organisational support.
Our offices are located in Freiburg (Merzhausen), Germany, on the border of the Black Forest. The city has a rich student life with a variety of places to chill-out and to have a good time. The residential areas offer green, calm neighborhoods that are ideal for healthy lifestyles and families with children.
Close to France and Switzerland, the Black Forest is one of Germany´s most touristic regions known for the beauty of its lakes and landscapes. In the wintertime the region offers good opportunities for alpine and cross-country skiing.
Your main mission is to assist the HR Manager, in all administrative and organisational tasks related to office management and accounting, in German, English and French. You thus play a key role in enabling the Head of HR to focus on strategy and Human Resources.
You will start asap and report to M.A Elsa Gheziel-Neumann, Head of Human Resources and Communication at Avant-garde Materials Simulation. The position is part (20h.week min) or full time and permanent.
• Preparation: collect, scan and upload all documents related to accounting to the DATEV´s platform
• Collaboration with our accountancy firm: email and phone correspondence
• Payments and follow up: pay furniture and incoming invoices with online platforms, clear questions with suppliers …
• Business cards: gather and scan related receipts from team + DATEV Upload
Administration and Archiving
• Archive and make quickly available hard copies and electronic documents for the management – file server and physical folders
• Scan all hard copies and place them on the file server
• Open and follow up of the post mail/Email
• Write simple letters and Emails in German related to public administration or service providers
• Help organise calendaring and travel of Management
• Gather and check time-sheets related to different projects and grants
Office Management in order to improve the working atmosphere for the Team
• Organise and purchase furniture, drugstore, food articles and flowers in line with our fair-trade, organic and local first policy
• Organise and follow up of the office cleaning
• Organise and follow up on small repairs and maintenance jobs with craftsmen and service providers whenever necessary
• Logistic help with moving into new office location
• Write documents to gather internal information/procedures to be used by the Team, i.e kitchen rules, internal contacts lists, how to?
• Help Head of Human Resources to organise Team Events
• Gather information and schedule HR interviews with Team to support Head of Human Resources
• Help Head of HR to organise workshops and conferences
• Can-do attitude: if something is new or difficult to achieve you see it as a challenge, not as an obstacle.
• You care about Ethics in Business: internally you show respect to your colleagues by giving your best at work. Globally you care for the impact of your work on people and planet
• You are a Team-player more interested in exchanging with People than gaining influence on them, the success of the company matters to you
• At work you are self-responsible, very structured and solution-oriented
• You can execute complex sub-projects independently, but report regularly to HR
• Intercultural awareness: you easily adapt to different nationalities and educational background
• You are familiar with modern software tools and Microsoft Office (MAC and/or PC)
• You have good organisation and communication skills in small teams
• You are fluent in written and spoken German and English
• You can speak and communicate in French
• You have gathered work experience in different business contexts and or various countries
• No degree required
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members. We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance that suits them. Because we care about our employees, our customers´needs, scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
• Flexible work time management around core hours
• Part-time work for some of the positions
• Training for job specific topics as well as to grow your own potential
• yearly: 25 days paid leave + about 10 days public holidays, on a full-time basis
• Equal opportunity policy
Avant-garde Materials Simulation GmbH is an equal opportunities recruiter: your application is welcome regardless of your ethnic origin, gender, disabilities, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
• What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Sharing common values is the basis for a happy Team! Tell us more about your philosophy at work and your soft skills in the cover letter, to be addressed to our Head of Human Resources and Communication, M.A. Elsa Gheziel-Neumann.
• Please fill in our Application Form, do not send us an Email with attached pdf: we take security very seriously and never open attachments from unknown sources.
• We will first collect applications, and give you a feed-back until the end of March via Email.
• Upon successful completion of a Skype interview and some hard-skills tests, you will be invited to Freiburg for a series of interviews and tests with AMS Management.
• The position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found.