Avant-garde Materials Simulation is the world-leading provider of software for organic Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). We have successfully competed in the last three CSP blind tests and are pioneering other areas of predictive materials modelling. We rapidly deploy new technology to some of the leading pharmaceutical companies. We put the principles of sustainable development into practice and offer a multicultural working environment with an academic touch. We are a multi-cultural team that develops software for a global market. Our team is constantly growing and more support is required.
Our offices are located in Freiburg (Merzhausen), Germany, on the border of the Black Forest. The city has a rich student life with a variety of places to unwind after work. The residential areas offer green, calm neighbourhoods that are ideal for healthy lifestyles and families with children.
Close to France and Switzerland, the Black Forest is one of Germany´s most touristic regions known for the beauty of its lakes and landscapes. In the wintertime the region offers good opportunities for alpine and cross-country skiing.
The position is full time, permanent, and trilingual: English, German and French. You will report M.A Elsa Gheziel-Neumann, CEO, Head of Human Resources, Administration, Communication and Office Management at Avant-garde Materials Simulation.
Your main mission is to assist the E. Gheziel-Neumann, in all administrative tasks related to the office management, the accounting and the human resources, in close contact with our secretary. You thus play a key role in enabling the second CEO to focus on Business Development Strategy, Recruitment, Human Resources Strategy and Communication Strategy and Implementation.
After one year you should be able to take over the Invoicing + administration daily operations, as well as the Office Management. As a manager, you would still collaborate with the second CEO on Communication and Human Resources projects, as well as report on invoicing follow up in order to have a global overview on finances planning.
Project and HR administration, internal communication
• Subsidized projects: follow up on delivering reports, time-sheets and other documents with external partners (Academics, providers, government agencies) both in German and English language;
• Leaves (paid, sick…) management via Odoo: discuss with people, get an overview and help decision of HR head;
• Formalize policies of the company in written documents (English), both on our internal Wiki and hand-over documents (Libre Office with a dedicated Corporate ID)dispatch information to Team
• Help HR to organise some short sessions/discussions to make these rules are alive and evolve; create reminders to make sure the rules are understood
Office management: maintain quality of the working atmosphere
• Re-organise archiving of documents
• Re-organise access and inventory of small material
• Be the link with IT to make sure some basical problems (printers, scanners, any hardware dysfunction) are solved on the mid-term
• Write simple letters and Emails in German related to public administration or service providers
• Have an overview to review what is good, what can be improved: – Do we need some rules, for this or that? How can we introduce a rule? – How to maintain a space where you can both relax and work? – Organise craftsmen whenever necessary
• Organise office life during holiday or absence of management: – Key and safe access – Access to offices for external provider – Dependencies and Agenda check
Invoicing and Business Development Follow up
• Follow up on Business Development: from quote to PO, to invoicing;
• Write invoices for customers in our ERP (Odoo), post them on customers platforms, do the payment follow up, follow up with our accountant.
• Relationship with our accountant: clarify invoicing positions, help preparing the yearly statement, clarify credit notes for licence fees
• Verification and research of accounting pieces: documents related to the accounting have been uploaded on the DATEV´s platform. On request of management and our accountant you might have to look for certain information/documents to clarify some positions (visa cards, travels, furniture, hard ware…)
• Support HR to organise Team event: clarify concept and deadlines, organise services and internal communication/Agenda, analyse dependencies and remind management of deadlines;
• Support HR to organise recruitment: organise services, collect applications and test results, organise test based on templates, organise appointments and Agenda for interviews;
• Support HR to organise workshops
• You are familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and word
• You have good organisation skills in small teams
• You are fluent in written and spoken English and German
• You have a strong administrative background in German context
• You can execute complex sub-projects independently, but report regularly to HR
• You like to finish what you have started and feel responsible for your mission
• You are committed to reduce the carb on footprint at work and care about Ethics in Business
• You have a collaborative mindset and are not afraid to ask, but are able to respect your colleague´s working time;
• Can-do attitude: if something is new or difficult to achieve you see it as a challenge, not as an obstacle.
• You readily accept guidance by senior colleagues
• You are solution-oriented and pragmatic
• Intercultural awareness: our customers and teams come from all over the world. Thus it is important to be able to adapt to different mentalities and cultural contexts.
• First of all: go to our Application Form. Since we take security very seriously, it is useless to send us a mail with a cv : we never open attachments from unknown sources. Let us know which position you are applying for: first copy and paste the job title into the field Letter of motivation, and then write the cover letter addressed to our Human Resources Director. Please indicate your earliest availability.
AMS is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disabilities, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
• What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about your soft skills in your cover letter!
• We will first collect applications until the beginning of November, and then start to give you feedback via Email.
• Upon successful completion of a Skype interview, you will be invited to Freiburg for a series of interviews and tests with AMS staff.
Next page: See all open positions