Get to work in a versatile human environment, be the support key to new Business processes implementation and to an efficient recruitment pipeline dedicated to Scientific Innovation!
We have pioneered and become the world-leader of organic Crystal Structure Prediction. With our pharmaceutical industry customers and staff from all around the world, we are inventing the next generation of software tools for in silico materials design.
The position is 70%, temporary, and bilingual: English, German. French is a plus. You will report to M.A Elsa Gheziel, CEO, Director of Human Resources, Administration and Communication at Avant-garde Materials Simulation Deutschland GmbH.
Your main mission is to assist E. Gheziel in specific tasks related to 3 mains areas:
- Recruitment campaign in 2022/23, on-boarding of 6 to 10 new recruitees;
- Business Administration on-boarding of AMS on customer invoicing platforms;
- Refactoring of AMS Website.
You thus play a key role in enabling the CEO to focus on employer branding strategy, organisational streamlining of important business processes and their implementation.
After two years, your contract becomes permanent, if the recruitment campaign and business process implementation have been successful. You should then be able to take over more responsibilities related to invoicing, as well as organisationnal aspects of recruitment and communication campaigns. As an officer, you will still report to the CEO in regular intervals and provide up-to-date overviews for decision making.
• Review, update and post job ads
• Adapt job ads for social medias, on-line job platforms in different languages
• Move applications through our hiring procedure in a dedicated ATS
• Support HR to organise recruitment: organise services, organise tests based on templates, collect applications and test results, schedule interviews
• Check candidates and recruitees´ personal data
• Administration and coordination of on- and off-boarding
• Coordination and follow up with internal and external IT staff
• Documentation of HR workflows and procedures
• Gather information for future HR interviews
• Process leaves requests (paid, sick…): discuss with people, check agendas and dependencies
• On-boarding of AMS on new invoicing platforms of international customers
• Management of on-line access to customer platforms : getting POs, posting invoices, follow-up on payment
• Follow up of technical/administrative issues related to POs and invoicing on-line
• Follow up and coordination of tasks and deadlines on EU/Bund projects
• Update and maintain customers, employees, suppliers data base in Odoo
• Coordinate the follow-up of ongoing assignments with lawyers
• Follow up and coordination of tasks with the secretary for the CEO
• Coordination of the website redesign: graphic ID adaptation, implementation follow-up
• Maintenance and up-date of the website and the career pages
• Follow-up on graphic design works with external partners (flyers, booth, icons…)
• Update PPT presentations based on input from management
• Coordinate the organisation of workshops with industrial and academic partners
• Coordinate the organisation and internal communication of team events with workshops, catering and outdoor activities;
• Coordinate the organisation and internal communication related to conferences, commercial exhibitions
• Organize management travel to customers, conferences and commercial exhibitions
• Assist visitors at AMS with their travel arrangements as required
• Empathic understanding of business context first: you listen to people, understand their perspective in order to find an action path
• Flexibility: you are a quick learner. Faced with unexpected challenges you adopt a can-do attitude
• Prioritization: you care for delivering synthetic information to support decision making of Admin&HR Director, you differentiate between details and management relevant decisions
• Problem-solving: at work you are self-responsible, very structured and solution-oriented
• Management of limits: workload or colleagues, you know when to put limits, you have no problems at reminding other about their own duties, deadlines, and common company policies
• Team working and intercultural awareness: you like to execute complex sub-projects independently, because you understand when communication with multicultural colleagues, who have a scientific background, and reporting to the HR Director is required
• Ethics at work: internally you show respect to your colleagues by giving your best. You care about your global impact on people and planet.
• You can multitask and self-manage your stress
• You are fully proficient in working English and German: writing and proof reading;
• You have gathered work experience (3 to 5 years) in different business contexts, preferably in various countries or international working environments;
• Master in Social Sciences, Arts, HR or intercultural Business Administration – or broad general culture and intellectual curiosity;
• You are familiar with cloud-based solutions, HRIS and Microsoft Office (MAC and/or PC);
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members.
We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance that suits them.
Because we care about our employees, our customers’ needs, scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
• Flexible work time management around core hours
• Free organic coffee & teas, fresh fruits
• Resilient, organic garden with a planter where employees can grow their own fruits and vegetables
• A quiet workplace with the quality of a living space (not open plan offices)
• Part-time work for some of the positions
• Job specific training
• Yearly: 28 days paid leave (full time based) + about 10 days public holidays
• Equal opportunity policy
• Help with settling in if you are located outside Germany
Avant-garde Materials Simulation Deutschland is an equal opportunities recruiter: your application is welcome regardless of your age, gender, ethnic origin, disabilities or religion/beliefs.
What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about your philosophy at work and your soft skills in the cover letter, to be addressed to M.A. Elsa Gheziel.
Discover AMS´mind set. Sharing common values is the basis for a diverse and happy Team!
• Step 1: Fill-in Application Form, and you get notified in case of successful completion.
• Step 2: Pre-screening of candidates by AMS Human Resources, and you get notified about early rejection, or Step 3.
• Step 3: You are invited to take some hard and soft-skills tests, and you get notified about rejection, or Step 4.
• Step 4: Remote interview, and you get notified about rejection, or Step 5.
• Step 5: On-site day in Freiburg: series of hands-on tests and interviews with AMS Management and the concerned Department.
• Step 6: Decision on job offer, you get notified within 2 weeks.